APB Valuation Advisory #3: Residential Appraising in a Declining Market, includes guidance on:
– How Should an Appraiser Define a Declining Market
– What Databases are Available to Support a Market Trend Conclusion?
– What are Some Alternative Value Definitions?
– Defining a Market vs. a Neighborhood
– Verification of Data
– Support for Adjustments
– Integration of the Opinion of Market Trends into the Appraisal Analysis
– Using Statistical Tools to Develop a Rate of Change in the Market
My comment: better late than never, now that some markets are increasing or stable. Worth reading. Good analysis of the issues with practical advice. .
click here to download
posted in Appraisal Process Training |
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., May 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The American Guild of Appraisers (AGA) today announced that the Coalition of Arizona Appraisers (CoAA) has voted to affiliate their organization with the American Guild of Appraisers.
In a meeting held in Scottsdale, Arizona on May 8, 2012, a quorum of the Coalition of Arizona Appraisers met with leaders from the AGA and Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) and finalized the affiliation. “The issues that face us as individual appraisers today reach far beyond our individual states; to think anything less would be naive,” said John Dingeman, vice president of CoAA.
…continue reading the rest of this post: Coalition of Arizona Appraisers joins American Guild of Appraisers
posted in Dodd-Frank C&R Topics |