The Appraisal Institute announced April 6 the recognition of two individuals as a “Volunteer of Distinction” for the month.
The individuals honored are Robert L. Mesner, MAI, AI-GRS, Region X (South Florida Chapter) and Edward Molinari, SRA, Region VI (Southern New Jersey Chapter).
Mesner serves the South Florida Chapter as chair of the Candidate Guidance Committee and as regional representative. He was a participant in the Leadership Development and Advisory Council conference in 2015 and will be again this year. He also served on the national Demonstration Appraisal Report Grading Panel; Experience Screening Panel, and as a facilitator for the Capstone Demonstration Appraisal Program. He is an advisor to four AI Candidates for Designation. Mesner joined a predecessor organization of the Appraisal Institute in 1975, and received his MAI and AI-GRS designations in 2014. …continue reading the rest of this post: AI Recognizes Robert L. Mesner, MAI, AI-GRS, Region X (South Florida Chapter) and Edward Molinari, SRA, Region VI (Southern New Jersey Chapter) as ‘Volunteer of Distinction’ in April
posted in Appraiser News |
Affordable housing developers often run a daunting gauntlet when it comes to cobbling together different financing sources to move projects forward. But the job of accessing capitalhas gotten a lot easier lately as lenders and agencies alike step up their focus on the sector. It is an “absolutely awesome” time to be a borrower on the affordable housing side, says Frank Lutz, a senior vice president at Berkadia Commercial Mortgage. Banks are incredibly aggressive and both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have increased their lending to affordable housing projects, he adds. …continue reading the rest of this post: Lender Capital Is Pouring into Affordable Housing
posted in Appraiser News |
Prepares market value appraisals on simple real estate assets with considerable supervision and oversight, training and mentoring by supervisory Appraiser or Manager.
- Assists senior appraiser in the preparation of real estate appraisal reports, including entering data in the property database, taking photos of the subject and comparables, and driving the neighborhood.
- Confirms data, conducts discussions with market participants, and performs additional research as necessary.
- Prepares and completes analysis and research on simple appraisal assignments.
- Prepares written market value reports from cover to cover with substantial analytical guidance of a senior appraiser.
- Examines and analyzes simple income producing properties and writes an analysis based on market comparisons.
- Researches market area and analyzes current transactions and how they compare to the subject property.
- Attempts to make a comparison analysis based on sales of similar properties.
- Analyzes of past revenue and expense performance and attempts to project a stabilized operating statement.
- May be trained to utilize Argus (cash flow software) and 3rd party databases to compile data for appraisal report.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of one to two years of related experience and/or training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles.
- Basic understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good writing skills.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
posted in Appraiser Jobs |