The American Guild of Appraiser (AGA) /Guild 44 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU)/AFL-CIO is based in Maryland, a short distance from Washington, DC.
The AGA is a non-traditional union that represents independent professionals. The AGA does not engage in collective bargaining, strikes, and does not enforce closed shops. The AGA does not negotiate contracts, does not have shop stewards, and does not have any oversight regarding its member’s work products. What we have is the backing of over 10 million members within the AFL-CIO and 110,000 within the OPEIU. With these numbers, we have a collective voice.
AGA will encourage professionalism and communication between all professional appraisal organizations. With the backing of the AFL-CIO we continue to play a vital role in fighting legislation and regulation that supplants and marginalizes the professional appraiser.
The Mission of the AGA:
* To develop a strong voice in the US Congress and each of the State Legislatures.
* To work closely and exchange dialog with other organizations.
* To educate the consumers as to the appraisers no bias roll in the value process.
* To insure the accountability of both the appraisal profession and the financial institutions with whom the appraiser provides services.
* To provide leadership in the emerging appraisal market.
* To provide member awareness of the key role of the American Guild of Appraisers to the appraisal profession.
* To help legislate policy that reaches beyond narrowly focused appraisal issues, to build a stronger and broader coalition.
* To recognize the role of appraisers in establishing ethical conduct for the appraisal industry.
The cost to help with their mission is only $150.00 per year. You can join at http://appraisersguild.org/apply.htm
The American Guild of Appraisers Weekly Conference Call is every Tuesday from 2:00pm – 2:30pm Eastern Time.
Call 559-546-1000. The password is 382795 – For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 800-660-1835.
American Guild of Appraisers – http://appraisersguild.org
If you are interested in reporting low paying appraisal management companies to local and federal governing agencies, please visit http://www.notcustomaryandreasonable.com