posted in Appraiser Jobs |
Appraiser Job in HUNTINGTON, WV
||U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
||$61,218.00 to $95,388.00
||11 to 12
||Who may apply
|Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 11/30/2018 to 12/12/2018
Pay scale & grade
GS 11 – 12
$61,218 to $95,388 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
About the Position: You will function as an Appraiser for the Army Corps of Engineers, Huntington District, Real Estate Division, located in Huntington, WV.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for final technical review of real estate appraisals performed by staff or contract appraisers.
- Personally performs the more complex or controversial appraisals and reviews the appraisals for technical accuracy and adequacy and for adherence to agency policies and procedures, and to ensure consistency with precedents.
- Performs appraisals which are especially complex which include various types of properties.
- Works with project managers and real estate specialists to coordinate appraisal functions for projects.
- Reviews, coordinates, and approves project sponsor crediting claims and appraisals through reviews in independent value evaluations.
- Assists in development of appraisal scopes of work by working with project managers to perform tasks associated with Land Acquisition, Easements, Right of Ways, Outgrants, Real Property Management, and Disposal.
- Assists and creates real estate planning documents, project cooperation agreements, and identifies real estate needs for projects while following applicable regulations and guidance.
- Appears as expert Government witness or arranges for and prepares witnesses to testify about valuation determinations.
- Coordinates preparation of appraisals with local government officials, real estate brokers, attorneys, land owners, bankers, and contractors.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Required Documents
- How to Apply
- Fair & Transparent