posted in Appraiser Jobs |
Appraiser Job in LOS ANGELES, CA
||U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
||$83,043.00 to $107,955.00
||12 to 12
||Who may apply
|Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 12/03/2018 to 12/17/2018
Pay scale & grade
$83,043 to $107,955 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
About the Position: This position is located with the US Army Engineer District, Los Angeles, Real Estate Division, Civil Works Branch, Civil Works Planning and Appraisal Section.
Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent performs as the Senior Appraiser, responsible for the full scope of work associated with the more difficult appraisals of real property to include land and improvements.
- Completes valuations to include site specific appraisals, cost estimates, gross appraisals and real estate planning reports for military bases, and both civil and military projects to support acquisition, exchange, and real property disposal.
- Incumbent gathers and analyzes market data to include comparable sales and leases, social, economic and physiographic data, which influence real property values.
- Verifies and determines applicable portions of this data to use through field inspection and personal contact with parties of interest to substantiate conclusions
- Reviews staff work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with applicable law, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent will ensure that all valuation reports comply with the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices, as well as agency and Federal policy and procedures.
- Incumbent prepares a review statement of each appraisal reviewed, setting forth findings and recommendations, and approval or disapproval, as appropriate.
- Incumbent may be requested on occasion to assist attorneys and/or testify as an expert witness in court action or during hearings on appraised property values, highest and best use determinations, economic feasibility and other related matters.
25% or less – Business travel is approximately 15% of the time.
- Required Documents
- How to Apply
- Fair & Transparent