|Vacancy No.||19-HUD-174-P||Department||Assistant Secretary for Housing-Federal Housing Commissioner|
|Salary||$87,804.00 to $121,323.00||Grade||13 to 13|
|Open Date||12/19/2018||Close Date||1/2/2019|
|Job Link||Apply Online||Who may apply||Public|
KANSAS CITY, KS
FORT WORTH, TX
- Open & closing datesOpening and closing dates 12/19/2018 to 01/02/2019
- Pay scale & gradeGS 13
- Salary$87,804 to $121,323 per year
- Appointment typePermanent – Full-time
- Work scheduleFull-Time – Career/Career Conditional
2 vacancies in the following locations:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.This job is also open in another announcement to:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employees – Competitive service
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
- Land & base management
- Military spouses
- Special authorities
- DutiesDutiesSummaryThis opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 19-HUD-173. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.There are two vacancies for this position. These vacancies may be filled in either Kansas City, KS or Fort Worth, TX. Learn more about this agencyResponsibilitiesAs an Appraiser, you will:
- Furnish technical advice and guidance in appraisal matters, with respect to assigned programs, to field offices, contractors, and program participants.
- Prepare training manuals and other instructional material for applicable programs as well as conduct training programs for HUD personnel, contractors and other program participants.
- Determine the acceptability of the quality and frequency of multifamily experience as well as the education of appraisers performing contracted appraisals for the Department.
- Determine acceptability of the Mortgagor’s proposed list of critical and non-critical repairs on projects submitted for mortgage insurance under the 223(f) and 232 223(f) programs in accordance with Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) guidelines.
- Design, review, and monitor data systems to preserve data from insured projects and other sources, and present it in ways most meaningful for appraisals.
- Job family (Series)1171 AppraisingSimilar jobs
- RequirementsRequirementsConditions of Employment
- Click “Print Preview” to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Please refer to “Conditions of Employment.”
Selective Factor: The applicant must be a State-certified General appraiser with credentials based on the minimum certification criteria issued by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Utilize a wide range of range of appraisal concepts, principles, and practices to appraise, review, and analyze appraisals of multifamily properties such as: buildings with commercial space, condominium space or sites with environmental concerns; AND
- Interpret and communicate laws, regulations, policies and procedures; AND
- Provide technical advice and policy guidance on appraisal related issues.
– Relocation expenses will not be paid.
– This is a bargaining unit position.
– This position is Non-Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
– Recruitment incentive may be offered.
– HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– A one year probationary period may be required.
– Must successfully complete a background investigation.
– Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
– If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
– Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
– Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
– Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on outside employment. To review applicable ethics rules, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethicsHow You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Research and Analysis, and Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, and Qualified (Good) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans’ preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category.
Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified” to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearancePublic Trust – Background InvestigationDrug test requiredNo
- Required DocumentsRequired DocumentsA complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are claiming veterans preference, please see applicant guide for required documentation In order to be considered for veterans preference, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
APPRAISER DOCUMENTATION: For Multifamily Appraiser positions, you must submit a State General Real Estate Appraiser License, you must submit a copy of your current state license and certification to be considered.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- BenefitsBenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.Location Affordability Portal (LAP): The LAP provides estimates of household housing and transportation costs at the neighborhood level to help make more informed decisions about where to live, work, and invest.Review our benefitsEligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to ApplyHow to ApplyHUD has partnered with the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service to provide certain personnel services to its organization. Fiscal Service’s responsibilities include advertising vacancies, accepting and handling applications, and extending job offers.
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement’s closing date.
HUD provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the “Apply Online” button and follow the prompts.
You will be re-directed to HUD’s CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org at 866-656-6831 and/or the https://my.usajobs.gov/Help/Contact/.Agency contact informationApplicant Call Center Applicant Call CenterPhone304-480-7300TDD304-480-8725Fax000-000-0000Emailhudinquiries@fiscal.treasury.govAddressAssistant Secretary for Housing
***WE DO NOT ACCEPT MAILED APPLICATIONS***
Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101
United StatesLearn more about this agencyNext stepsTo check the status of your application for this position, please follow these steps:
1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the “Applications” tab section and click on the vacancy that you have already applied to.
2. Under “Application Status,” click the “Additional Application Information” link and you will be taken to HUD’s CareerConnector website where you can check your application status.
The “Additional Application Information” link may not be available if your application status says “Unavailable.” This indicates that your application is not complete. If the “Additional Application Information” link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and the “Update Application” button to be taken back to the HUD CareerConnector portion of the application.
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
- Fair & TransparentFair & TransparentThe Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyThe United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.