|Appraiser||SAN DIEGO, CA||Pub||Army||05/02/2019|
|Appraiser||LOS ANGELES, CA||Pub||Army||05/02/2019|
|Vacancy No.||WTKC194593829040D||Department||U.S. Army Corps of Engineers|
|Salary||$74,937.00 to $110,224.00||Grade||12 to 12|
|Open Date||4/18/2019||Close Date||5/2/2019|
|Job Link||Apply Online||Who may apply||Public|
|PHOENIX, AZLOS ANGELES, CASAN DIEGO, CAALBUQUERQUE, NM|
- Open & closing datesOpening and closing dates 04/18/2019 to 05/02/2019
- Pay scale & gradeGS 12
- Salary$74,937 to $110,224 per yearAlbuquerque, NM: $74,937-$94,422, Phoenix, AZ: $77,130-$100,273, San Diego, CA: $83,063-$107,986, Los Angeles, CA: $84,785-$110,224
- Appointment typePermanent
- Work scheduleFull-Time
1 vacancy in the following locations:
- Phoenix, AZPhoenix, AZ
- Los Angeles, CALos Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CASan Diego, CA
- Albuquerque, NMAlbuquerque, NM
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy. Permanent change of Station may be paid in accordance with agency policy and if it’s at the best interest of the government.
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
- DutiesDutiesSummaryAbout the Position: This position is located with the US Army Engineer District, Los Angeles, Real Estate Division, Civil Works Branch, Civil Works Planning and Appraisal Section.
Learn more about this agencyResponsibilities
- Performs as the Senior Appraiser, responsible for the full scope of work associated with the more difficult appraisals of real property to include land and improvements.
- Completes valuations to include site specific appraisals, cost estimates, gross appraisals and real estate planning reports for military bases, and both civil and military projects to support acquisition, exchange, and real property disposal.
- Gathers and analyzes market data to include comparable sales and leases, social, economic and physiographic data, which influence real property values.
- Verifies and determines applicable portions of this data to use through field inspection and personal contact with parties of interest to substantiate conclusions.
- Ensures that all valuation reports comply with the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices, as well as agency and Federal policy and procedures.
- Prepares a review statement of each appraisal reviewed, setting forth findings and recommendations, and approval or disapproval, as appropriate.
- May be requested on occasion to assist attorneys and/or testify as an expert witness in court action or during hearings on appraised property values, highest and best use determinations, economic feasibility and other related matters.
- Reviews staff work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with applicable law, policies and procedures.
- Job family (Series)1171 Appraising
- RequirementsRequirementsConditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires a valid state driver’s license.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes appraising properties utilizing all three approaches to value as well as the Discounted Cash Flow Analysis. Appraising and reviewing a wide variety of complex properties such as fee, easements, partial acquisitions, special use properties, and water rights of urban and rural properties to include agricultural, commercial, industrial and residential.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This position requires a valid State Certified General Real Estate Appraisers License. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your license to your application package and include license number (if applicable) and date issued in your resume).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Finance
- Cost Estimation and Analysis
- Real Estate
- Technical Competence
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 – Engineers and Scientist position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- This position requires a valid state driver’s license.
- Requires possession of a valid State Certified General Real Estate Appraisers License
- Must be physically able to travel over rough, uneven, hilly or mountainous terrain in remote areas.
- Required to perform a significant amount of work in the field, including rough, hilly terrain.
- Travel is involved, to include distant locations accessible only by boat, air including helicopter, and auto.
- The incumbent is required to meet with individuals at their place of employment, homes, ranches and other locations.
- Recruitment, Retention or Advance leave incentives may be authorized in accordance with agency policy.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
- Required DocumentsRequired DocumentsThe documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- BenefitsBenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.Review our benefitsEligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to ApplyHow to ApplyTo apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/02/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10479040).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact informationArmy Applicant Help Desk Army Applicant Help DeskPhone(000)000-0000EmailUSARMY.APG.CHRA-NE.MBX.APPLICANTHELP@MAIL.MILAddressKC-APF-W2ST01 US ARMY ENGINEER DISTRICT, LOS ANGELES
DO NOT MAIL
Sacramento, CA 98134
USLearn more about this agencyNext stepsIf you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & TransparentFair & TransparentThe Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyThe United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.